Figs and Roses

Wednesday 7 November 2012

topsy turvy

i'm a doctor!
 
i did it!

i had my viva last week and got the highest mark i possibly could with no corrections.

but now life feels a little strange...a little topsy turvy.

sometimes i feel really proud (of course), mostly it doesn't yet feel real and occasionally i feel blue.

there are many rational explanations for this (something really stressful happened last week and i guess i'm still a bit bruised from it, hormones (blah blah) and also it's kind of like an anti climax. for four years i've been focussed on my thesis, for the past year and a half i've struggled with the ghastly writing up process and now it's done. over. this is FANTASTIC. i am THRILLED. i would have wept for days and days if i had had to pick up the thesis and continue reworking it.

but now i feel like i have to learn how to just 'be' again, how to relax! 

this weekend we're off to our local spa up the mountain so it's a good start.

ps my thesis will be available on-line very soon so i'll share the details here when it is if you want to dip in and see what all the fuss was about.


1 comment:

  1. This is a very belated comment, but WELL DONE!!!! And SUPERWELL DONE for no corrections - no-one in my department has done that for, oh, about fifteen years. I'm hoping I'll be the next one, but don't hold out much hope, really...!

    I'm three months into the fourth year of my PhD, and I both can't wait for it to be over, and am also dreading it. What will I do with my brain when it's not full of PhD??

    Anyway, I'm really impressed and I would definitely be interested in seeing your thesis. Good luck with everything!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete