Figs and Roses

Thursday 5 July 2012

running out of reserves






i'm so tired of this.

i feel like i used all my reserves to submit a full draft and now that i have to do corrections it really does feel like it is never ending.

so, i am pressing on and taking one day at a time and trying my best to change my attitude about the situation. for example, by focussing on the fact that each day i work further on this is making it a stronger piece of work that i can be even more proud of when it's done.

but for the times when i don't have the strength to think positively or the strength to formulate more ideas, i rely on a LOT of coffee and enjoy sunbathing in the sun spot in my study.


2 comments:

  1. Oh Nancy the Brave - you are so nearly there! I cannot begin to imagine the effort you have to muster day after day to complete this, but isn't there a saying about the hardest part of climbing a mountain being the bit just before the summit? Or perhaps a more appropriate analogy would be the transition stage of labour, the bit when women say they can't do it anymore. But you are doing it! And you're so nearly there.

    Here's a mantra that might help - it's from the mouth of a 4-year-old but I find it strangely soothing: "Come on myself, you can do it". Or my favourite reassuring line of all: Courage mon brave.

    I'm really looking forward to seeing you again some time in Bristol and toasting your brilliance x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you my lovely. i love all of those mantras! was arthur the four-year-old?

    yes, a toast in bristol will be most excellent.

    xx

    ReplyDelete